University Library teams up with The Sustainability Lab
By Beth Hall, Bangor University Library and Archives Service
As well as supporting University-led waste management and energy-saving initiatives, we have supported a number of projects including:
- providing free books for school children in Nigeria (with Dr Salamatu Fada)
- providing displays and spaces that encourage students to think about their wellbeing and mental health
- displays aimed at raising environmental awareness
- supporting charities with cake sales, book sales, stamp collections
- free tea and coffee events for students to take time out and chat to us
- head massages from Coleg Menai students during the exam period
We are looking forward to supporting the Sustainability Carnival in February 2018 with a number of library events as follows:
- Love Data Week
- Safer Internet Day
- World Book Day
We will also support Go Green Week and University Mental Health Day.
We are interested in developing new ways to support sustainability and wellbeing with events and campaigns in the Library and Archives Service in the future, so please get in touch if we can work together on a project.
Email or ring Beth email@example.com | 01248 382081